Category Archives: Area 4 Qualifier Details

Winter Showjumping Qualifiers ** NEW DATE 23rd/ 24th February 2019

Morning all,

I can confirm our new date for the Winter SJ qualifier is 23rd & 24th February at Bishop Burton.

Same format as before unless entries are down considerably, in which case I will propose we run all qualifiers on one day, but please be assured this would be an extreme decision.

I have waited for British Racing and BEF for their latest updates this morning before releasing the date.

If we find ourselves in a situation where we have to cancel again, then all entries will go into a hat and a draw made by an independent person for qualifying places for Championships.

Sam will be contacting team managers direct regarding revised entries.

It is not mandatory that horses must have a six month booster however, please seek advice from your vet.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any committee member if you have any queries.

Best regards

Margaret
chair area 4
07995692423

Please can you circulate the attached current advice from the British Equestrian Federation (BEF), which is the National Federation for all equestrian sport in the UK (not including Horse Racing). This advice applies to British Showjumping (BS), British Eventing (BE), British Dressage (BD) and British Riding Clubs (BRC). The BEF made a statement on the 11th of February 2019 reiterating that their stance is maintained following the weekend, which can be found here: https://www.bef.co.uk/News-Detail.aspx?news=BEF-latest

Statement from the BEF:

The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) notes the latest update from the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) on Friday 8th February that there have been three further positive results for equine flu – bringing the total number of positive results to six – all of which are in the same racing yard.
The advice from our veterinary experts remains that it is not necessary to cancel other equine events as there is as yet no evidence of widespread infection, however we will continue to monitor this situation closely and will issue further updates as more information becomes available.
We continue to urge all horse owners to be vigilant and follow the recommended guidelines on how to detect and prevent the spread of this infectious disease.
We also urge any owners with suspected cases to take immediate veterinary advice and if equine flu is confirmed by laboratory testing, they should contact their relevant member body.
GUIDELINES FOR OWNERS
It is crucial for all horse and pony owners to be vigilant and follow recommended guidelines on how to detect and prevent the spread of this infectious disease.
Look out for signs of disease which can include high temperature, cough, snotty nose, enlarged glands (under the lower jaw), swollen or sore eyes, depression, loss of appetite and swelling in the lower legs.
If you see any of these signs, isolate the horse and call your vet immediately.
It is essential that any horses showing signs of possible equine flu, or horses that might have been in contact with possibly infected horses, do not travel to competitions or other events where there will be groups of horses. If your horse has been in contact with an infected horse we suggest that you should take immediate veterinary advice.
If your horse is currently vaccinated, but it has been longer than 6 months since the last vaccination, we recommend that you discuss a booster with your veterinary surgeon.
The BEF has further guidance on its website regarding equine infectious diseases and biosecurity: https://bef.co.uk/Detail.aspx?page=Horse-Health-Biosecurity

Any further questions about the recent Equine Flu outbreak the BEF have a Q&A page which can be found here: https://www.bef.co.uk/repository/news-events/Equine_Flu_QA_090219_PDF.pdf

Winter Showjumping Qualifier POSTPONED

Club Chairs, team Managers and Members.

After considering all available and well-informed information regarding the outbreak of Equine Influenza, a decision has been made by the organiser to postpone the Winter Jumping Qualifier at Bishop Burton this weekend (9th & 10th February).

This is not a directive from BRC, BEF or BB.

All club Chairs, Club Committee and Team Managers have been informed of this decision.

All prelim fees and area fees will be carried over to an alternative date which is to be confirmed and published as soon as possible. Credits will be made where appropriate.

Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Best regards
Margaret
Area 4 Chair
07905692423

Provisional results from the Arena Eventing Qualifier 2018

The scoreboard results from this weekend are available now ONLINE !!! 😮 well done everyone and a very special thanks to all the helpers and of course to the lovely Tina Walker of Northallerton Equestrian Centre and all her team xx
PLease click on the link to see the provisional scoreboard results from the weekend !! www.eventingscores.co.uk

The official results will be out as soon as the OS has verified them all xx

Many thanks

Lisa

Arena Eventing NEWSFLASH

To all club Chairs, Committees, Team managers and members,

Due to large entries, we will be running over 2 days at Northallerton E.C. Saturday 3/11/18 & Sunday 4/11/18, enabling us to accommodate all clubs for this new area 4 qualifier.

We have looked at many options and feel this is for this first year the fairest way to run.
I know it will not please everyone, however, we have taken into consideration:
The available daylight hours, running under floodlights, ( this would pose a safety consideration, and an unfair disadvantage to some riders) and maybe riding in inclement weather in November under floodlights.
If we were to ballot, we would need to loose 100+ entries to give us the doable numbers to run on one day.
If we were to remove individual entries, this would only take us down to 208, which is not doable In one day.
If we were to ask clubs for ‘natural wastage’ we would need to loose 100+ entries.

It is appreciated that members may have other things in their diaries for the Sunday, and may not want to travel both days.

We will need helpers on both days and would ask for members to volunteer before we make a direct request to clubs.

We already have 1 arena Steward covered for both days! Thank you

We have tried to find the best solution to give all entered members the opportunity to ride in this competition.

Start 9am finish 4pm ish 

Day 1: 70cm mixed + Jnr 80cm + Snr 80cm.
Day 2: Jnr 90cm + Snr 90cm + 100cm mixed.
(This is the option preferred for course building for practical reasons, and will only affect 6 riders who would have horses on both days).

Please see Sam’s e mail re withdrawals and changes, and closing date for prelim entries.

I will speak to the office and ask for an extension until Sunday 14/10/18 for prelim entries.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Margaret

07905692423