Hi folks xx Thank You so much to everyone for coming yesterday and special thanks to all our helpers and everyone who made today happen xx 😚 provisional results can be found at www.ridingclubresults.co.uk 🤗 which btw is our new scoring system with live scoring so in the future you can track all our events this way xx thanks again from all of us at Area 4 xx
I can confirm our new date for the Winter SJ qualifier is 23rd & 24th February at Bishop Burton.
Same format as before unless entries are down considerably, in which case I will propose we run all qualifiers on one day, but please be assured this would be an extreme decision.
I have waited for British Racing and BEF for their latest updates this morning before releasing the date.
If we find ourselves in a situation where we have to cancel again, then all entries will go into a hat and a draw made by an independent person for qualifying places for Championships.
Sam will be contacting team managers direct regarding revised entries.
It is not mandatory that horses must have a six month booster however, please seek advice from your vet.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any committee member if you have any queries.
chair area 4
Please can you circulate the attached current advice from the British Equestrian Federation (BEF), which is the National Federation for all equestrian sport in the UK (not including Horse Racing). This advice applies to British Showjumping (BS), British Eventing (BE), British Dressage (BD) and British Riding Clubs (BRC). The BEF made a statement on the 11th of February 2019 reiterating that their stance is maintained following the weekend, which can be found here: https://www.bef.co.uk/News-Detail.aspx?news=BEF-latest
Statement from the BEF:
The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) notes the latest update from the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) on Friday 8th February that there have been three further positive results for equine flu – bringing the total number of positive results to six – all of which are in the same racing yard.
The advice from our veterinary experts remains that it is not necessary to cancel other equine events as there is as yet no evidence of widespread infection, however we will continue to monitor this situation closely and will issue further updates as more information becomes available.
We continue to urge all horse owners to be vigilant and follow the recommended guidelines on how to detect and prevent the spread of this infectious disease.
We also urge any owners with suspected cases to take immediate veterinary advice and if equine flu is confirmed by laboratory testing, they should contact their relevant member body.
GUIDELINES FOR OWNERS
It is crucial for all horse and pony owners to be vigilant and follow recommended guidelines on how to detect and prevent the spread of this infectious disease.
Look out for signs of disease which can include high temperature, cough, snotty nose, enlarged glands (under the lower jaw), swollen or sore eyes, depression, loss of appetite and swelling in the lower legs.
If you see any of these signs, isolate the horse and call your vet immediately.
It is essential that any horses showing signs of possible equine flu, or horses that might have been in contact with possibly infected horses, do not travel to competitions or other events where there will be groups of horses. If your horse has been in contact with an infected horse we suggest that you should take immediate veterinary advice.
If your horse is currently vaccinated, but it has been longer than 6 months since the last vaccination, we recommend that you discuss a booster with your veterinary surgeon.
The BEF has further guidance on its website regarding equine infectious diseases and biosecurity: https://bef.co.uk/Detail.aspx?page=Horse-Health-Biosecurity
Any further questions about the recent Equine Flu outbreak the BEF have a Q&A page which can be found here: https://www.bef.co.uk/repository/news-events/Equine_Flu_QA_090219_PDF.pdf
Club Chairs, team Managers and Members.
After considering all available and well-informed information regarding the outbreak of Equine Influenza, a decision has been made by the organiser to postpone the Winter Jumping Qualifier at Bishop Burton this weekend (9th & 10th February).
This is not a directive from BRC, BEF or BB.
All club Chairs, Club Committee and Team Managers have been informed of this decision.
All prelim fees and area fees will be carried over to an alternative date which is to be confirmed and published as soon as possible. Credits will be made where appropriate.
Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
Area 4 Chair
Please find attached the final times for the weekend. Any ADDITIONAL CHANGES now would need to be highlighted on your Declarations Form. However, please drop me a line also as it will help to keep the scoreboard correct if I get the information before it goes to print.
Wishing you all the best of luck for the weekend,
Here are the results Results SENIOR NOVICE WINTER SJ Sun 26th Feb 2017
3> North Ryedale
4> Ebor Vale
5> Penistone Purple
6> Northallerton Green
1> Selby Orange
3> Selby White
1> Midges Lane Rascal Clara Chan
2> Easter Freya Kendrew
3> Varnica georgina Coles
4> KEC Amelia Lizzie Ball
5> Prince Imogen Lockie
6> Robe Bouncer Lizzie Page
Happy New Year to you all. Please find attached the Winter SJ Entry form for 2017. The event will take place on the weekend of Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th February 2017 at Bishop Burton College, Bishop Burton near Beverley. 1-winter-sj-entry-form-2017
JUNIORS – PM start on the Saturday
SENIORS – all day Sunday
Entries close on Friday 20th January 2017 (a week on Friday) with Prelim Entries to HQ on Friday 3rd February 2017. Entries to Area 4 are 2 clear weeks before the deadline to HQ in order for us to make sure we can accommodate all entries as we are NOT RESTRICTING entries. I will let you all know as soon as is practically possible after the deadline whether all entries are accepted and in any event before 27th January so that you can send the correct entry fee to HQ.
Payment can be made by cheque or cash to me at my home address or alternatively you can pay by BACS transfer (details on the entry form). Payment is expected with the entry. Any problems, please contact Toni Tait, our Area 4 Treasurer.
Please let me have your entries on or before the deadline date and as usual, as much information as you can provide as possible at this point, eg. Any competitors travelling together etc.
The 2nd attachment is a list of all the Area 4 Qualifier dates for 2017 with the appropriate entry deadlines, times issued etc. I intend to produce and update the “All you need to know – booklet for Chef d’Equipe’s” asap and will get it out to you this week.
If there are any of your committee members you would like adding to this GLOBAL CONTACT LIST, please let me know by return so I can update the list for the 2017 season.
Many thanks in advance and I wish you all, a very successful 2017 Qualifier season with Area 4 Riding Clubs.
Area 4 Competition Secretary
Here are the results
I hope those of you who came to the show jumping had a good time, I would like to say thanks to the hardworking stewards, the day and a half ran like clockwork mostly, and it was down to them. Well done Ebor Vale, Scarborough and White Rose.
The weekend ran so well we have already booked for next year, with the same format, Juniors on the Saturday and Seniors on the Sunday.
However we have changed the school for the Juniors and next year they can expect to jump in BBA for both of their rounds.
The seniors will continue to jump round 1 in Arena 2 and the 2nd round in BBA.
I will be sending out the combined training entry form out within the next day or so, so watch out for that.
We should be ok for entries I think without any limits, but just to be on the safe side, we will be inviting you to enter early so that we can check for intent before you need to enter with head office.
2016 times email
Hi there I had made an error in the senior intermediate times, they got a bit lost in the middle so please re check.
These are the final list of horses/riders.
If your names are not right, then please fill in the changes form and we will sort it out on the day. Please don’t email me with changes either now or on the day. I will not be coming back to this computer until after the competition.
If there are any serious errors please text me on 07837811409 and I will try and sort it out.
The course walk times are in the gaps as listed. if we are running early or late, they will be in the space allocated. so please keep an eye out for the numbers
Course walk for juniors novice round 1 is before we start, so from about 1.40, the intermediates will jump the same course but with a raised hight, they can walk the course at about 20 past 3
2nd round is about 15.45 for novice and about 5.15 for intermediate. no walk round for jump off.
Seniors Novice can walk before we start, round 1 has a break at 10.22 till 10.30
Round 2 has a break at 11.07 till 11.15 both breaks follow number 444
Intermediates can walk round 1 at 12.15 to 13.00 and 14.00 till 14.15 after 832
round 2 at about 13.30 (depending on novice jump off and 15 till 15.15 again after 832
See you all there