Our stance is that it’s up to the individuals to interpret the government guidance and decide what activities they feel they should or should not be doing, but the advice on our website says arenas can be used for exercising horses which are stabled at the venue, livery yard or riding school. Ultimately, they need to make their own decision on whether it’s ‘essential’
: Area 4 Winter Nov & Int Dressage Qualifier 2020
Good evening all,
Sadly due the escalating Corona Virus situation within our area, the collective decision has been made to postpone the planned qualifier at Bishop Burton 17/10/2020 for BRC Novice & Intermediate Dressage Championships.
The decision has not been made lightly, and has taken into consideration all of the following factors.
We have a duty of care to the safety and well being to all involved. The restrictions facing the organisation of the event, to keep within the law and guidelines, has in turn imposed difficult restrictions on the numbers of entries ( bums on seats) we are able to run during the day.
Historic entries were much lower than the entries received for 2020. We did ask clubs to reduce their numbers, however the returns were still very high so sadly we had to suggest an acceptable number. We know this didn’t suit some clubs but there was no other way.
Because of the way the split/options of am and pm test were offered, it made selection of teams difficult, and this has been acknowledged.
No one has a crystal ball as to the where the Coronavirus will be in the months ahead, but hopefully we will have a clearer picture once into the new year.
We propose to run a qualifier for both the Novice & Intermediate Championships in the new year 2021. A date and venue will be published ASAP.
A new entry form will be sent out to the clubs and the proposal is to run on 1 or 2 days to accommodate entries.
We fully and completely appreciate all the cooperation, support and patience shown from all the clubs, which we hope you will pass onto all your members. These decisions may seem last minute, however the goal posts change at short notice.
BRC have the Winter Dressage Championships in place in 2021, but who knows what is around the corner. Rest assured area 4 will provide a qualifier for the WD 2021 Championships.
If any club has payed area entry fees ( not due until tomorrow), these will either be refunded or carried over. If anyone has payed prelim fees to BRC, these will be refunded, but must be requested by clubs.
We know that many members have been doing extra training, organised 6 month vaccinations and made plans, but we are in unprecedented times where it is difficult to predict or have set rules.
If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We all miss meeting up and hopefully it won’t be too long before we can get back together. In the mean time stay safe and look after each other.
Area 4 Chair
After careful consideration, the decision has been made to move the winter Dressage Qualifier to Bishop Burton 20th October 2019.
Please note Bishop Burton are still requiring 6 month vaccination cover for the foreseeable future. 😁
Here are the times Book2 – saturday only times Winter SJ 2019
Here are the results from Sunday REC Winter Qualifier 211018 Master ALC results
Well done everyone
Rosettes and Trophy’s will be handed out at the AGM on Monday 29th October xx
Massive thanks to all who helped run this show xx we cant run these without you xx
Here are the times for Sunday Copy of Copy of Copy of Times -V4
I have been advised to do pre-prelim entries for the Winter Dressage on Sunday 21st October 2018.
So, with that in mind the new closing date will be Friday 21st September 2018 at 5pm.
My apologies for the mix up.
Look forward to all your entries.
Hi Here are the results from yesterdays qualifier at Richmond EC 22nd October 2017
Results Winter Dressage Qualifiers 2018 22102017
Please note that these results are the ones published on the day for the prizegivings and therefore are not confirmed and verified with HQ until they have been checked by the official steward.
Please find attached the times schedule for the Winter Dressage Qualifier. Apologies in advance for those dozen or so riders who have a 3 hour wait between tests (there shouldn’t be anyone with a longer time frame than this). Unfortunately, with more than 3/4s of the entry been multiple riders/horses, it is very difficult to do it any other way.
As always, any problems / obvious anomalies, please let me know asap.
PLEASE REMEMBER that changes need to be highlighted using the RIDER NUMBER as listed in this spreadsheet, whether this is a horse change or horse and rider combination change.
All changes to me please by Tuesday 17th October at 5pm. After that, you will need to highlight any changes on your declarations forms provided from HQ once your prelim entries have been accepted. These need to presented to the Secretary’s table on the day of the competition, at least 1 hour before your first rider competes.
Just a reminder that the prize giving for this qualifier will take place on Monday 23rd October at the Bridge Inn, Wetherby at the Area 4 AGM – the night AFTER the competition.
Look forward to hearing from you,
Here are the results winter-dressage-results2016