Here are the results from Sunday’s SJ qualifier:
Please note the Winter Showjumping was Jumped Single Phase but scored 2 phase due to teams.
It is with regret the decision has been made to cancel Sunday’s SJ Qualifier competition at Bishop Burton due to the risk of high winds and storms. As soon as we have an alternative venue and date we will let you know.
Important information and changes for Official Stewards
Format for Show Jumping
In order to assist areas with running show jumping (SJ) qualifiers and
also due to repeated requests to allow competitors to compete at more
than one height; the format will change. From the start of the winter
season 2019, the format of SJ will be shortened at qualifiers, which will
allow competitors to enter consecutive heights (excluding 70cm). We
hope this will help with falling numbers in some areas, but not
overburden the busier areas with even longer days. The Championship
format will remain the same. This change will come into effect from 1
October and will be inserted into the Handbook as follows:
SJ1: QUALIFIER FORMAT
Riders jump two rounds. Riders will jump the first round and then the second round
separately. The second round will be run as a single phase competition, which will
combine the second round and the jump-off. The first half of the course should be set
at the second round height, with the second part of the course set at jump-off height.
The course should be timed in two parts, with the second half being recorded as the
jump-off. If necessary the first half of the round can be timed manually depending on
the availability of timing equipment. The jump-off will follow straight on from the first
part of the course without stopping. All team and individual members (unless the
individual is eliminated in first round) will go forward to the second part of the second
round (jump-off) unless eliminated in the first half. The second half of the second
round (the jump-off) will be classed as both the team and individual jump-off. An area
may choose to run a separate jump-off at the end of the class for individuals and use
the second part of the second round as the jump-off for teams only (this will be at the
areas discretion and must be relayed to competitors on the schedule).
Should a team member be eliminated before reaching the jump-off phase in the
second round they will not continue forward to the jump-off section and the team will
continue as a team of three. The Official Steward reserves the right to stop anyone
who is in multiple classes if BRC feel the horse’s welfare is compromised.
SJ1: CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
Riders jump two rounds. Riders will jump the first round and then a separate second
round. If equality exists for first place then there will be a jump-off for teams and a
separate jump-off for individuals. All team members will be required to jump-off. The
Official Steward reserves the right to stop anyone who is in multiple classes if BRC
feel the horse’s welfare is compromised.
SJ1.4.1: Single Phase Course for Qualifiers
For qualifiers the second round will be split into a combined second round and jumpoff.
The first half of the course should be set at 5cm higher than the first round height.
Hi folks xx Thank You so much to everyone for coming yesterday and special thanks to all our helpers and everyone who made today happen xx 😚 provisional results can be found at www.ridingclubresults.co.uk 🤗 which btw is our new scoring system with live scoring so in the future you can track all our events this way xx thanks again from all of us at Area 4 xx
I can confirm our new date for the Winter SJ qualifier is 23rd & 24th February at Bishop Burton.
Same format as before unless entries are down considerably, in which case I will propose we run all qualifiers on one day, but please be assured this would be an extreme decision.
I have waited for British Racing and BEF for their latest updates this morning before releasing the date.
If we find ourselves in a situation where we have to cancel again, then all entries will go into a hat and a draw made by an independent person for qualifying places for Championships.
Sam will be contacting team managers direct regarding revised entries.
It is not mandatory that horses must have a six month booster however, please seek advice from your vet.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any committee member if you have any queries.
chair area 4
Please can you circulate the attached current advice from the British Equestrian Federation (BEF), which is the National Federation for all equestrian sport in the UK (not including Horse Racing). This advice applies to British Showjumping (BS), British Eventing (BE), British Dressage (BD) and British Riding Clubs (BRC). The BEF made a statement on the 11th of February 2019 reiterating that their stance is maintained following the weekend, which can be found here: https://www.bef.co.uk/News-Detail.aspx?news=BEF-latest
Statement from the BEF:
The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) notes the latest update from the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) on Friday 8th February that there have been three further positive results for equine flu – bringing the total number of positive results to six – all of which are in the same racing yard.
The advice from our veterinary experts remains that it is not necessary to cancel other equine events as there is as yet no evidence of widespread infection, however we will continue to monitor this situation closely and will issue further updates as more information becomes available.
We continue to urge all horse owners to be vigilant and follow the recommended guidelines on how to detect and prevent the spread of this infectious disease.
We also urge any owners with suspected cases to take immediate veterinary advice and if equine flu is confirmed by laboratory testing, they should contact their relevant member body.
GUIDELINES FOR OWNERS
It is crucial for all horse and pony owners to be vigilant and follow recommended guidelines on how to detect and prevent the spread of this infectious disease.
Look out for signs of disease which can include high temperature, cough, snotty nose, enlarged glands (under the lower jaw), swollen or sore eyes, depression, loss of appetite and swelling in the lower legs.
If you see any of these signs, isolate the horse and call your vet immediately.
It is essential that any horses showing signs of possible equine flu, or horses that might have been in contact with possibly infected horses, do not travel to competitions or other events where there will be groups of horses. If your horse has been in contact with an infected horse we suggest that you should take immediate veterinary advice.
If your horse is currently vaccinated, but it has been longer than 6 months since the last vaccination, we recommend that you discuss a booster with your veterinary surgeon.
The BEF has further guidance on its website regarding equine infectious diseases and biosecurity: https://bef.co.uk/Detail.aspx?page=Horse-Health-Biosecurity
Any further questions about the recent Equine Flu outbreak the BEF have a Q&A page which can be found here: https://www.bef.co.uk/repository/news-events/Equine_Flu_QA_090219_PDF.pdf
Club Chairs, team Managers and Members.
After considering all available and well-informed information regarding the outbreak of Equine Influenza, a decision has been made by the organiser to postpone the Winter Jumping Qualifier at Bishop Burton this weekend (9th & 10th February).
This is not a directive from BRC, BEF or BB.
All club Chairs, Club Committee and Team Managers have been informed of this decision.
All prelim fees and area fees will be carried over to an alternative date which is to be confirmed and published as soon as possible. Credits will be made where appropriate.
Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
Area 4 Chair
Please find attached the final times for the weekend. Any ADDITIONAL CHANGES now would need to be highlighted on your Declarations Form. However, please drop me a line also as it will help to keep the scoreboard correct if I get the information before it goes to print.
Wishing you all the best of luck for the weekend,
Here are the results Results SENIOR NOVICE WINTER SJ Sun 26th Feb 2017
3> North Ryedale
4> Ebor Vale
5> Penistone Purple
6> Northallerton Green
1> Selby Orange
3> Selby White
1> Midges Lane Rascal Clara Chan
2> Easter Freya Kendrew
3> Varnica georgina Coles
4> KEC Amelia Lizzie Ball
5> Prince Imogen Lockie
6> Robe Bouncer Lizzie Page
Happy New Year to you all. Please find attached the Winter SJ Entry form for 2017. The event will take place on the weekend of Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th February 2017 at Bishop Burton College, Bishop Burton near Beverley. 1-winter-sj-entry-form-2017
JUNIORS – PM start on the Saturday
SENIORS – all day Sunday
Entries close on Friday 20th January 2017 (a week on Friday) with Prelim Entries to HQ on Friday 3rd February 2017. Entries to Area 4 are 2 clear weeks before the deadline to HQ in order for us to make sure we can accommodate all entries as we are NOT RESTRICTING entries. I will let you all know as soon as is practically possible after the deadline whether all entries are accepted and in any event before 27th January so that you can send the correct entry fee to HQ.
Payment can be made by cheque or cash to me at my home address or alternatively you can pay by BACS transfer (details on the entry form). Payment is expected with the entry. Any problems, please contact Toni Tait, our Area 4 Treasurer.
Please let me have your entries on or before the deadline date and as usual, as much information as you can provide as possible at this point, eg. Any competitors travelling together etc.
The 2nd attachment is a list of all the Area 4 Qualifier dates for 2017 with the appropriate entry deadlines, times issued etc. I intend to produce and update the “All you need to know – booklet for Chef d’Equipe’s” asap and will get it out to you this week.
If there are any of your committee members you would like adding to this GLOBAL CONTACT LIST, please let me know by return so I can update the list for the 2017 season.
Many thanks in advance and I wish you all, a very successful 2017 Qualifier season with Area 4 Riding Clubs.
Area 4 Competition Secretary
Here are the results
I hope those of you who came to the show jumping had a good time, I would like to say thanks to the hardworking stewards, the day and a half ran like clockwork mostly, and it was down to them. Well done Ebor Vale, Scarborough and White Rose.
The weekend ran so well we have already booked for next year, with the same format, Juniors on the Saturday and Seniors on the Sunday.
However we have changed the school for the Juniors and next year they can expect to jump in BBA for both of their rounds.
The seniors will continue to jump round 1 in Arena 2 and the 2nd round in BBA.
I will be sending out the combined training entry form out within the next day or so, so watch out for that.
We should be ok for entries I think without any limits, but just to be on the safe side, we will be inviting you to enter early so that we can check for intent before you need to enter with head office.