ARENA EVENTING UPDATE – Sadly due to further restrictions within area 4, the decision has been made to postpone the competition 14th & 15th November. We will try to set a new date but again this will depend on the restrictions in place at the time. Stay Safe Everyone. Margaret
The scoreboard results from this weekend are available now ONLINE !!! 😮 well done everyone and a very special thanks to all the helpers and of course to the lovely Tina Walker of Northallerton Equestrian Centre and all her team xx
PLease click on the link to see the provisional scoreboard results from the weekend !! www.eventingscores.co.uk
The official results will be out as soon as the OS has verified them all xx
Here are the timesFINAL TIMES FOR ARENA EVENTING 2018 Final numbers and times
To all club Chairs, Committees, Team managers and members,
Due to large entries, we will be running over 2 days at Northallerton E.C. Saturday 3/11/18 & Sunday 4/11/18, enabling us to accommodate all clubs for this new area 4 qualifier.
We have looked at many options and feel this is for this first year the fairest way to run.
I know it will not please everyone, however, we have taken into consideration:
The available daylight hours, running under floodlights, ( this would pose a safety consideration, and an unfair disadvantage to some riders) and maybe riding in inclement weather in November under floodlights.
If we were to ballot, we would need to loose 100+ entries to give us the doable numbers to run on one day.
If we were to remove individual entries, this would only take us down to 208, which is not doable In one day.
If we were to ask clubs for ‘natural wastage’ we would need to loose 100+ entries.
It is appreciated that members may have other things in their diaries for the Sunday, and may not want to travel both days.
We will need helpers on both days and would ask for members to volunteer before we make a direct request to clubs.
We already have 1 arena Steward covered for both days! Thank you
We have tried to find the best solution to give all entered members the opportunity to ride in this competition.
Start 9am finish 4pm ish
Day 1: 70cm mixed + Jnr 80cm + Snr 80cm.
Day 2: Jnr 90cm + Snr 90cm + 100cm mixed.
(This is the option preferred for course building for practical reasons, and will only affect 6 riders who would have horses on both days).
Please see Sam’s e mail re withdrawals and changes, and closing date for prelim entries.
I will speak to the office and ask for an extension until Sunday 14/10/18 for prelim entries.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.