: Area 4 Winter Nov & Int Dressage Qualifier 2020
Good evening all,
Sadly due the escalating Corona Virus situation within our area, the collective decision has been made to postpone the planned qualifier at Bishop Burton 17/10/2020 for BRC Novice & Intermediate Dressage Championships.
The decision has not been made lightly, and has taken into consideration all of the following factors.
We have a duty of care to the safety and well being to all involved. The restrictions facing the organisation of the event, to keep within the law and guidelines, has in turn imposed difficult restrictions on the numbers of entries ( bums on seats) we are able to run during the day.
Historic entries were much lower than the entries received for 2020. We did ask clubs to reduce their numbers, however the returns were still very high so sadly we had to suggest an acceptable number. We know this didn’t suit some clubs but there was no other way.
Because of the way the split/options of am and pm test were offered, it made selection of teams difficult, and this has been acknowledged.
No one has a crystal ball as to the where the Coronavirus will be in the months ahead, but hopefully we will have a clearer picture once into the new year.
We propose to run a qualifier for both the Novice & Intermediate Championships in the new year 2021. A date and venue will be published ASAP.
A new entry form will be sent out to the clubs and the proposal is to run on 1 or 2 days to accommodate entries.
We fully and completely appreciate all the cooperation, support and patience shown from all the clubs, which we hope you will pass onto all your members. These decisions may seem last minute, however the goal posts change at short notice.
BRC have the Winter Dressage Championships in place in 2021, but who knows what is around the corner. Rest assured area 4 will provide a qualifier for the WD 2021 Championships.
If any club has payed area entry fees ( not due until tomorrow), these will either be refunded or carried over. If anyone has payed prelim fees to BRC, these will be refunded, but must be requested by clubs.
We know that many members have been doing extra training, organised 6 month vaccinations and made plans, but we are in unprecedented times where it is difficult to predict or have set rules.
If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We all miss meeting up and hopefully it won’t be too long before we can get back together. In the mean time stay safe and look after each other.
Area 4 Chair