BRC Hat Guidelines 2016
Information for Competitors v2
How does this affect me?…….
For 2016, all members will be required to have their hats tagged with a new ORANGE hat tag before competing in any BRC Qualifiers or Championships.
When you arrive at the competition, take your hat with you when you go to declare. The Official Steward will then check that your hat complies with an accepted standard, and will place a unique BRC tag on it. It is a good idea to allow a little extra time when arriving at a competition for this to be done.
Please note, you will not be allowed to ride anywhere at that event if your hat has not been tagged, and hats which do not comply to an accepted standard will not be tagged under any circumstances.
It is the competitors’ responsibility to ensure they arrive at a competition with a hat to the correct standard so it is therefore imperative that you check your hats before you get to the event, in order to avoid disappointment. To do this:
1) Use the following information or the BRC 2016 Rule Book for reference
2) Check that your hat clearly displays one of the accepted standards
3) Check that the standard also shows the correct corresponding date
4) Check that your hat also displays the correct corresponding quality assurance mark
5) Make sure that you do not remove any labels from inside of your hat which may hold the relevant information as a hat will not be tagged without all of the required information permanently visible.
Only hats which comply with all of the above steps will be accepted for tagging. If you’re in doubt, please contact the BRC office for further advice. If your hat cannot be tagged, you will not be allowed to ride wearing that hat under any circumstances.
Please note: No alterations, protrusions or additions are to be made to a hat under any circumstances. For the Quadrille competition, please see the Quadrille rules in the Rule Book for further information regarding costumes.
For More info and pictures click here 2016 BRC Hat Tagging Guide for Competitors v2 19.04.16